Donate! (It's people like you, that help students like us!)

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kasarda + Fuqua Project#1 Feature



Designer Katie Kasarda talks about her project with Photographer Abby Fuqua about their project #1 spread.

Pretty much what Abby and I wanted to go for from the beginning was a negative but with a tad bit of humor. It was a mutual decision before we even started thinking about the project that we were going to do a negative (I guess we were having a bad day) and thought about things that we really hated. We settled on bad hair days as a whole because who seriously wants to even go outside when you're having one? Throw a hat on or just cry all day about it (maybe that's just me). We wanted to get the overall feeling of anxiety that you get during these days, but I liked our decision to keep it light and humorous, even though it was a negative.

Shooting was pretty fun. Our model, Jill, was very cool about Abby messing around with her hair like nuts. Oh, and super kudos to Abby for whipping out her styling skills. That was great and she totally had me cringing, in a good way, about how nuts Jill's hair was getting. Overall I think we worked very well together and I'm happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment