Donate! (It's people like you, that help students like us!)

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pecoraro+Luessen Project#1 Feature



Alright, we're still getting features write ups from photographers and designers. Photographer Robert Luessen talks about his work with designer Steve Pecoraro.

"For the first spread, Steve and I worked together on a spread about particle theory and time travel. With both of us naturally inclined towards science-based publications like Wired and Discover magazine, we chose an article that dealt with the Large Hadron Collider, a particle accelerator in Europe. Essentially, our article focuses on two prominent particle physicists who claim that the scientific device is actually sabotaging itself from the future to prevent scientists in the present from making world-altering and potentially dangerous discoveries. Crazy stuff.

Visually, Steve and I were on the same page from the start. I think his minimalistic, almost Bauhaus design compliments and enhances the photograph that we created exceptionally well. I should also say that the success of the photograph is a result of a collaborative effort between Steve and Nicole Murtagh art directing, Jackie Allen styling and me photographing (I swear I did more than just click a button). I think the spread as a whole, and especially the photograph exemplify the phrase that "[the] whole is greater than that sum of its parts."

No comments:

Post a Comment